With over 14 years of experience, Dr. Mark Murdock has overseen hundreds of orthodontic cases including braces and Clear Correct. Braces are wire based orthodontic devices that straighten, align, and position your teeth and promote oral health. This process usually begins when all permanent adult teeth have grown in. Over a period of months, your smile will start to change and result in your best smile. Schedule an orthodontic consult with Dr. Murdock today!
How old do you have to be to start braces?
Typically, 9 years old and older are eligible for braces. Orthodontic eligibility is determined if most or all the permanent teeth have come in.
How long does the initial bracketing appointment take?
Approximately 2 hours.
How often do I need to come in for an Ortho Adjustment?
Every 4-6 weeks.
If I get braces, how long do I have to wear them?
The amount of time that you will wear braces depends on the work that needs to be done. Each person is different. The approximate length that braces are worn ranges from 6-30 months. Consult with Dr. Murdock to get a more personal estimate.
How do I take care of my braces?
- Brush your teeth thoroughly at least 2 times a day.
- Floss frequently, every day if possible.
- Rinse your teeth with mouth wash and examine your teeth.
- Attend regular checkups with Dr. Murdock.
- Avoid eating hard or sticky food and candy. Examples of hard food: apples, carrots, corn on the cob, nuts, ice, bagels, etc.
- Examples of sticky foods: caramel, gummies, milk duds, starbursts, exception of chewing sugar free gum ONLY.